Accountant – newly qualified
PKF Malta is a fast-growing, progressive firm specialising in audit & assurance, tax, advisory services, and internal audit insurance. We provide services to a wide array of clients in a variety of sectors. Our firm has always enjoyed an excellent reputation, stemming from its dedication, professionalism, and enthusiasm to serve its clients. PKF Malta provides a dedicated team of experts holding ample experience to deliver high-quality solutions bespoke to our client’s goals.
This role will report to the Partner and as an Accountant within the team, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of quarterly and yearly management accounts in accordance with applicable standards
- For the clients assigned, the preparation of all necessary financial statements, related disclosures and reportable conditions letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy, and in line with budgeted hours;
- Liaise and cooperate with external auditors conducting the assigned client/s’ statutory and/or interim financial audit;
- Develop a thorough understanding of the assigned client’s business, and become a “functional expert” in the area;
- Take leadership in the management of services provided to assigned clients’, including but not limited to the above points but also maintaining an open dialogue with the clients whilst monitoring the issuance and settlement of services fees;
- Keep serene and open lines of communication open with staff, management and clients;
- Work as part of an engagement team when needed; Work closely with other staff, and adhere to work plan schedules on each assignment;
- Keep abreast of latest developments as they affect IFRS and ISA’s and firms standards and policies;
- Keep abreast with developments in fiscal matters – VAT, Income and Corporate Tax, Tax of Trusts etc…;
- Keep abreast of industry developments and their effects on client competitive position and distribution channels;
- Anticipate and address client concerns, and escalate problems as they arise;
- Recognize and inform senior management of opportunities to increase the level and types of services to clients;
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education and obtaining additional certifications as appropriate.
The requirements for this role include:
- Recently graduated, with an ACCA, ACA or a recognised Accounting University Degree
- A minimum of 1 year of accounts experience would be considered a plus
- Capable of working within a team, manage multiple engagements and work to demanding deadlines
- Be smart, highly motivated, well presented individual with an eye for details
- Strong written and verbal Maltese & English communication skills
- Have the ability to work under pressure