PKF Malta is looking to recruit a fulltime Audit Manager to join our ever-growing audit team. The ideal candidate will take responsibility for the overall audit processes mostly related to our international portfolio of clients.
PKF Malta is a fast-growing, progressive firm specialising in audit & assurance, tax, advisory services, and internal audit insurance. We provide services to a wide array of clients in a variety of sectors. Our firm has always enjoyed an excellent reputation, stemming from its dedication, professionalism, and enthusiasm to serve its clients. PKF Malta provides a dedicated team of experts holding ample experience to deliver high-quality solutions bespoke to our client’s goals.
This role will report to the Partners and as an Audit Manager within the team, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide management over a portfolio of clients and deliver high-quality audit and assurance service, including preparing and reviewing audit plans and work and signing off audit reports;
- Work to expand the client base and supports business development activities
- Achieve team and individual budgets and business plan/ performance objectives.
- Manage project financials, including budgets, timely billing and collection and variance recognition.
- Maintain the highest technical and professional standards.
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks.
- Address situations before they come to crises and develop solutions to avoid recurrence,
- Providing additional help and guidance to clients on a consultancy basis.
- Participate in the development of ways to meet client needs and contribute to the proposed delivery.
- Identifying ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value.
- Monitor and control auditing staff, including assisting auditing staff in their professional development.
- Take a leadership role in professional, business or community organizations.
The requirements for this role include:
- Strong written and verbal English & Maltese communication skills
- An ACCA, ACA or a recognised Accounting University Degree
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years working experience as a warrant holder
- Knowledge of GAPSME, IFRS and International Auditing Standards
- A minimum of 4+ years of audit experience managing a team
- Experience of external audit planning, risk and control identification and performing, reviewing and directing external audit testing
- Experience identifying and effectively reporting any issues and recommendations for improvement to clients
- Capable of working within a team, manage multiple engagements and work to demanding deadlines
- Be smart, highly motivated, well presented individual with an eye for detail
- Have the ability to work under pressure