Semi-Senior Auditor with Insurance background
PKF Malta is a fast-growing, progressive firm specialising in audit & assurance, tax, advisory services, and internal audit insurance. We provide services to a wide array of clients in a variety of sectors.
Our firm has always enjoyed an excellent reputation, stemming from its dedication, professionalism, and enthusiasm to serve its clients. PKF Malta provides a dedicated team of experts holding ample experience to deliver high-quality solutions bespoke to our client’s goals
This role will report to the Audit Manager and as a Semi-Senior Auditor (with Insurance background) within the team, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to the Audit Manager and above
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with client personnel and meet client and firm deadlines.
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Perform other Audit and Assurance engagements.
The requirements for this role include:
- An ACCA, ACA or a recognised Accounting University Degree
- Insurance training/qualifications would be considered a plus
- A minimum of 3 years of audit experience, Insurance Industry experience would be considered a plus
- Experience of external audit planning, risk and control identification and performing, reviewing and directing external audit testing
- Experience identifying and effectively reporting any issues and recommendations for improvement to clients
- Capable of working within a team, manage multiple engagements and work to demanding deadlines
- Be smart, highly motivated, well presented individual with an eye for details
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Knowledge of GAPSME, IFRS and International Auditing Standards
- Have the ability to work under pressure