Risk & Compliance Officer
We are also a multi-disciplinary firm, bringing together the legal, insurance, economic, and financial professions into a holistic and welcoming sphere.
Our success is dependent on the strength of good teamwork and we also take pride in championing individual capabilities. We are firm believers in setting the scene for an opportunity, allowing careers to naturally branch out while nurturing the same.
The selected candidate will benefit from ongoing training to keep abreast with the ever-changing laws and AML/FT regulations, together with career growth opportunities in a young, multi-cultural & welcoming team.
- Acting as risk & compliance officer to the PKF group of companies and their portfolio clients, while working closely with the MLRO
- Ensuring the proper implementation of the AML/CFT policies and procedures as relevant to the PKF group of companies and their portfolio clients
- Coordinating and conducting ongoing monitoring and transaction monitoring relative to the respective portfolio clients
- Maintaining a risk register for the respective portfolio clients
- Submitting regular reports to the respective Boards of Directors on compliance matters
- Acting as a liaison officer with the Malta Financial Services Authority
- Keeping abreast with changes in legislation
- Updating of internal procedures and manuals, including BRA and CRA, Customer Onboarding/off boarding policies and procedures applicable across the group;
- Ensuring that the group of companies are at all times compliant with all their statutory obligations for AML/CFT purposes
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience in compliance;
- Have previous experience working within a CSP/ Audit firm
- Being familiar with the workings of a CSP and its AML/CFT obligations
- Being conversant with the applicable laws and regulations including MFSA directives and FIAU Implementing Procedures
- Being in possession of an ACAMS/ICA certification considered an asset
- Be proficient in written and spoken English, Maltese
- Be organised and possess excellent communication skills
- Have excellent IT proficiency
- Can work on his/her own with minimum supervision
- Ability to be self-motivated and take ownership in a dynamic environment with a positive, ‘can-do’ mindset;
- Excellent organisational skills and take pride in being quality-oriented with a keen eye for detail and coming up with creative solutions;
- Detail-oriented, analytical and able to provide pragmatic solutions against tight time-frames.
- Be approachable and an effective communicator across all levels of the business and influence key internal and external stakeholders, and provide expert advice to support the strategic agenda;
- Ability to display a high degree of confidentiality and discretion;
- Confident in working with others but also independently.
We welcome you to apply here: