Audit Senior with Insurance background
Experience NeededPrevious experience in internal audit insurance will be considered an asset.
Salaryup to €30k depending on qualifications & experience
About the position
PKF Malta is a fast-growing, progressive firm specialising in audit & assurance, tax, advisory services, and internal audit insurance. We provide services to a wide array of clients in a variety of sectors.
Our firm has always enjoyed an excellent reputation, stemming from its dedication, professionalism, and enthusiasm to serve its clients. PKF Malta provides a dedicated team of experts holding ample experience to deliver high-quality solutions bespoke to our client’s goals
This role will report to the Audit Manager and as an Audit Senior with an Insurance background within the team, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Previous experience in internal audit insurance will be considered an asset.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to the Audit Manager and above
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with client personnel and meet client and firm deadlines.
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and your team’s technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivery of large projects
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Perform other Audit and Assurance engagements.
The requirements for this role include:
- Halfway or close to finishing an ACCA, ACA or a recognised Accounting University Degree
- Insurance training/qualifications would be considered a plus
- A minimum of 3 years of audit experience, Insurance Industry experience would be considered a plus
- Experience in external audit planning, risk and control identification and performing, reviewing and directing external audit testing
- Experience identifying and effectively reporting any issues and recommendations for improvement to clients
- Capable of working within a team, managing multiple engagements and working to demanding deadlines
- Be a smart, highly motivated, well-presented individual with an eye for details
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Knowledge of GAPSME, IFRS and International Auditing Standards
- Have the ability to work under pressure
Why work at PKF work? Check out some of our company benefits:
- Attractive salaries with yearly annual increase and job security
- Facilitating career advancements
- Acknowledging employees for their good work
- Providing paid inhouse & external training + additional study leave
- A modern and safe workplace with covid measures in place
- Work-life balance
- Flexibility to occasionally work from home
- Young, fun and friendly working environment
- Open door policy with Seniors & Partners
- Paid overtime (when over-time conditions apply)
- Monthly team bonding activities