Business Development and Continuity Scheme
The Business Development & Continuity Scheme is intended to facilitate value-adding projects that are expected to contribute to the regional development of Malta and to support existing undertakings sustain operations during restructuring.
The scheme may support various activities such as the initial development phase of undertakings establishing an operational base in Malta, expansion projects, consolidation of activities, and the reorganisation of activities. Supported initiatives should lead to the development of a new business or to ensuring the continuity of current operations.
This is incentive is available until 31st December 2020.
Who is eligible?
The support available through this measure may be awarded to undertakings that following an evaluation by the Corporation are deemed to be relevant to the economic development of Malta.
The Corporation shall consider all proposals but shall give priority to:
- Manufacturing operations;
- Providers of Industrial Services;
- Creative Enterprise Developers of Digital Media
- Activities linked to Life Science
The aid may not exceed 200,000 over a period of three fiscal years. This incentive has an annual budget of 4,000,000 with an overall budget of 25 million.
- Public entities defined as Ministries, Departments, Entities, Authorities, Public Commissions and Public Sector Foundations.
- Road transport, Agriculture and Fisheries sector
- Undertakings engaged in the following activities;
- Real Estate;
- Retail and Wholesale;
- Hotels, resort hotels, suite/aparthotels or guest houses;
- Financial services and/ or Insurance; or
- Voluntary Organizations
- Relocation costs of key personnel
- Temporary secondment of personnel
- Relocation costs of assets
- Operating expenditure covering the 12 months
- Services related to the business operation provided form third parties.
Visit our Grant Scheme Brochure: here