eCommerce Grant Scheme
It is targeted at micro-enterprises, small enterprises, and medium-sized enterprises. This scheme remains operational until 31st December 2020 subject to availability of funds.
The scheme shall support investment towards the design, development, implementation, and delivery of an e-commerce website and or a mobile application, or an upgrade of an existing website or mobile application to enable online sales or booking.
The end product shall be an e-commerce website or mobile application that will include a content management system that must comply with the current industry standard e-commerce security practices.
The following cost is thereby considered eligible;
- Domain name registration
- Hosting fees
- Content management system(CMS) software including required licenses
- E-commerce website and or mobile application design in line with the brand identity of the organisation
- Shopping cart integration
- Other setup fees including setting up and configuration of the CMS system, system design customisation and development, integration with payment system, implementation of the required security features testing, and go live.
The allocated budget for this scheme is set at € 5,000,000 with indicative annual thresholds of € 1,000,000. The maximum grant value under this scheme is set as € 5,000 part financing eligible costs up to 50%.
The grant amount that a single undertaking may receive shall depend on the receipt of de minis state aid by the undertaking over any period of three fiscal years within the timeline of the project.
- Tax including Value Added Tax and other duties.
- Training costs.
- Hardware costs.
- Marketing or Digital Marketing including Search Engine Optimization, Pay Per Click, etc.
- Direct or indirect costs such as transaction fees and commissions arising from the operation of the action.
- Contingencies and /or losses made by the Applicant.
- Payment of dividends, royalty, and interest changes.
- In-kind contributions.
- Service charges arising on finance leases, hire purchase and credit arrangements.
- The cost resulting from the deferral of payments to creditors.
- Cost related to litigation including resulting claims for damages and fines.
- Statutory fines and penalties.
- Payments for gifts and donations.
- Entertainment (including catering, receptions, etc.)
- Insurance costs.
Visit our Grant Scheme online Brochure
T: +356 2148 4373, +356 2149 3041
S: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Linkedin
A: 15, Level 3, Mannarino Road, Birkirkara, Malta
A: 35, Mannarino Road, Birkirkara BKR9080, Malta
B: Doing Business in Malta Brochure