Granting of Citizenship for Exceptional Services
By virtue of Legal Notice 437 of 2020 which was issued on Friday 20th November 2020, the Granting of Citizenship for Exceptional Services Regulations has been launched.
Successful applicants under this programme have bestowed the privilege of Maltese citizenship by naturalization under the discretionary grant of the Maltese government.
Upon receiving approval in principle, the successful applicant must satisfy various investment conditions, chief amongst which is a monetary contribution to the Maltese Government, payable into the newly set up Community Malta Agency.
This programme targets high to ultra-high net worth individuals and their families seeking to obtain EU citizenship by means of investment. PKF Malta is an accredited agent to Europe’s only officially approved Citizenship by Investment Programme. We enjoy very good relationships with all pertaining authorities and are thankful to hold a 100% success rate of our client applications to date.
Benefits of Malta Citizenship
- Schengen Immediate Visa-Free travel within Schengen Area, with a right to stay in one place for up to 90 days in any 6 months period Visa-Free Travel 168 Countries including the UK, US & Canada
- EU Approved CESDI approved by the EU Commission
- Gives you the right to live, study, work in any 28 countries & Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein & Switzerland
- Education: Access to top-tier British Education & English Language School Hub
- Peace of mind, Safe and stable country
- High-level Health care: Access to the highly reputed health care ranked 5th globally
Main applicant: 18+ of age and of good repute.
Property: Buy property worth a minimum of €700,000 or rent at €16,000 per year for a minimum of 5 years.
€600,000 with 36 months residency OR €750,000 with less than 12 months residency
*1: €10,000 of direct investment regards as part payment of a non-refundable deposit at the residency stage and ONLY required by the main applicant.
*2: Each dependant required direct investment with €50,000.
NGO donation: €10,000 Donation to a registered philanthropic, culture, sport, scientific, animal welfare or artistic non-governmental organization or satiety, or as otherwise approved by the agency.
Process & Timeline:
- Sign the Power of Attorney
- Residency application and agent performs Tier 1 due diligence
- Submission of the eligibility application
- Receipt and processing of the eligibility pack
- Letter of Approval for eligibility
- Submission of application for citizenship after 12 or 36 months from residence
- Processing of citizenship application and updates due diligence status
- Approval in principle by the Minister
- Evidence of Fulfilment of Citizenship Requirements
- Oath of Allegiance
- Passport issue of Naturalisation Certificate & Passport
- Agency conducts continuous monitoring for 5 years
Identity Malta Agency has updated the list of prohibited countries and is now not accepting applications from nationals of the following countries (as at 03/01/2020):
- North Korea
- Myanmar (Also known as Burma)