Malta Individual Investor Programme – MIIP
The Malta Citizenship Individual Investor Programme (IIP) was introduced by the Government of Malta by virtue of Legal Notice 47 of 2014, paving the way for a new vein of foreign direct investment into the economic and social development of the country. Successful applicants under this program are bestowed the privilege of Maltese citizenship by naturalization under discretionary grant of the Maltese government. Upon receiving approval in principle, the successful applicant must satisfy various investment conditions, chief amongst which is a monetary contribution to the Maltese Government, payable into the newly set up National Development and Social Fund.
This programme targets high to ultra-high net worth individuals and their families seeking to obtain an EU citizenship by means of investment. PKF Malta, is an accredited agent to Europe’s only officially approved Citizenship by Investment Programme. We enjoy very good relationships with all pertaining authorities and are thankful to hold a 100% success rate of our client applications to date.
Benefits of Malta Citizenship
- Circa 12 month Passport Procedure
- Schengen Immediate Visa Free travel within Schengen Area, with a right to stay in one place for up to 90 days in any 6 months period
- Visa Free Travel 168 Countries including UK, US & Canada
- EU Approved MIIP approved by EU Commission
- Gives you…The right to live, study, work in any 28 countries & Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein & Switzerland
- Education: Access to top-tier British Education & English Language School Hub
- Peace of mind…Safe and stable country
- High level Health care: Access to the highly reputed health care ranked 5th globally
Process & Timeline:
- Residency stage Malta visit for Biometrics and medical test
- Submission of complete application
- c 4 months Review of application & enhanced due diligence by Regulator
- In Principle Approval Issued by Regulator c. 8th month
- Contribution Settlement Within 25 days from In Principal Approval
- Evidence of Investment Requirements Within 4 months from In Principal Approval
- Passport Application Process
- Oath Invitation to take Oath of Allegiance
- Passport Issue of Naturalisation Certificate & Passport
- Main Applicant 18+ of Age; Good repute;
- Contribution €650,000 covering within it Main Applicant and any other qualifying dependents, with €10,000 being payable at the start (non-refundable administrative fees)
- Property Buy property worth minimum €350,000 or rent at €16,000 per year. For a minimum of 5 years
- Government Bonds investment of €150,000 in debt or equity securities or licensed collective investment schemes listed on the official list of the Malta Stock Exchange – Minimum of 5 years
- Effective Malta ties create lasting ties with Malta
Identity Malta Agency has updated the list of prohibited countries and is now not accepting applications from nationals of the following countries:
- North Korea
Marilyn Formosa (Dr) M.A. (Fin. Serv.) LL.D (Melit), Advocate, Commissioner for Oaths | email@example.com | +356 21484373
All the services can be tailored to meet your requirements.
Take a look at our extensive Doing Business in Malta Brochure.
Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org | +356 21 493 041